Tuesday 3 August 2010

Fanny's Film Fucks: July 2010

Last month Fanny checked out:
Not much. Again. I haven't even seen Inception yet, but considering I only just saw Paranormal Activity (causing Robin and I to have spit-n-shake on the promise that neither of us would hover over the other at 2am), then you get the idea what the fuck kinda film blog this is. Either way, shit weather will return and my ass will be glued to a cinema settee once again.

SOUL BOY

Avoid this film at all cost. Seriously. Appalling.

BEAUTIFUL KATE

This is a pretty terrible trailer for what is a beautiful, sensual and challenging film. Structurally, the script needs a lot of work but I didn't mind the over-use of flashbacks, especially as they were shot in a Diving Bell and Butterfly style. However, I have to say that, being an erotically charged film set in isolated Australia, it was highly likely that I was going to identify with and enjoy this film, so I can appreciate that not everyone would enjoy this. Plus, I don't get my panties in a twist about incest, unlike 90% of the population


What Fanny is looking forward to:
EASY A (UK release: Friday 22 October 20100)

This film is currently fake-rocking my world. Have I mentioned how much I freakin LOVE LOVE LOVE Emma "Superbad & Zombieland" Stone and Patricia "High Art & Good Night, and Good Luck" Clarkson? I hope this film stands up to the trailer otherwise 3 months of excitedly wet pants will be for nothin.

SUCKER PUNCH (UK Release: Friday 25 March 2011)

Need I say more?


SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD ((UK Release: Wednesday 25 August 2010)


Oh, Cera. Bring it.


Which films Fanny would like to see get an international release:

STONEWALL UPRISING

Whilst documentaries have been made about this significant event before, none have looked as compelling as this. I'm holding out for next years BFI Gay and Lesbian Film Festival at the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment