Tuesday 6 October 2009

Agent Provocateur
Autumn 09 - Mission To Earth


Agent Provocateurs Autumn range of delicious lingerie recently came out with a bang, with Super hero and Rock Goddess styling it certainly made an impression. Titled "Mission To Earth" it came complete with a graphic novel to promote the range. Bright colours and a wide variety of styles including everything from playsuits to tshirt sets. See it online here.

I love AP, although it is very expensive, they do make lingerie which is much more daring in terms of style than almost anyone else. So it was with great anticipation that I saw they had a new collection coming out. Fanny and I had previously chatted about their worrying use of overly photoshopped very skinny models, however this time, although the styling and photoshop seems to have gone through the roof, at least a few more of the models are women. On first impressions my two personal favourites of the collection were the Bullet & Melody sets (pictured above). However I have to say that compared to the marketing images, the Bullet playsuit in real life looks a bit more Ann Summers than Agent Provocateur, and certainly not worth the £145 price tag (stockings & thong are extra). Melody in real life looks great, the only problem is that the best bits (the ruffle skirts) aren't actually available to buy. All in all the range is generally lovely, but a little to much style over substance. I'd give it two pinches on the buttocks and a teasing wink out of five.


I much prefer the eye-catching marketing of AP's new season compared to some of their recent attempts (did the big hair, awful photoshopping of Sirens give everyone else a massive soft-on?) but it really leaves me wondering what the actual pieces look like... the marketing shots and ones of individual items seem to vary greatly, so I'd be heading instore before I part with my precious Pussy Pounds. A lady wants to have a little confidence in what she is buying. While much of it looks rather exciting, some of the more creative and risqué pieces sadly seem kinda cheap (hello, Hornette!), but maybe that's the look they are going for. The classicist in me l.o.v.e.s the look of Pantheria set and the Kameelion skirt but little else is melting my butter. Perhaps, gone are the days when I would have gladly splashed out on an entire AP range if I had the chance??? I give Mission To Earth two chipped red fingernails out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment